At Reverse Garbage we try and say “yes” to your generous donations as often as we can – but without unlimited storage space we sometimes may have to refer you on to other agencies/organisations.
The following is a list of some of the many items we MAY accept. Please note: This list is not complete, nor binding and may change at any time.
We are unable to guarantee that we will accept any donation until we see it first hand, either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dropping into our Marrickville centre:
Please note that if dropping items off without emailing or prior approval, staff have final say.
- Card & paper (new)
- Fabric & textiles – rolls, large pieces, swatches, sample books
- Haberdashery – Zippers, buttons, thread, belts, clips, shoulder pads, braid, ribbon
- Leather – Belts, rolls, skins, offcuts (larger than hand size)
- Metals – Punchouts, shelving brackets, wire, sheets
- Visual merchandising – Mannequins, body shells, decorations, props, display items, corflute, signage and coloured contact
- Netting and sun shade material
- Containers – plastic, glass and metal containers; plastic, cardboard and metal drums; plastic boxes, pots, and bottles
- Plastic, cardboard & rubber tubing
- Plastics and foam – sheet Perspex, acetate, cut-outs, polypropylene, stencils, vinyl, O-rings, expanded polystyrene (sheets and blocks), polyethelene foam, containers, neoprene, EVA skins, closed cell foam
- Foam rubber
- Corks and bottle tops (must be clean and if metal, not rusted)
- Movie posters, film reels, projectors etc.
- Props and Costumes –theatre props, costumes, set pieces, wigs, fake jewellery etc.
- Theatre/Film Sets & Materials – flats, columns, treads, staging pieces, plinths, lighting gels, cradles (depending on size)
- Furniture – we can accept some furniture, please email photos to: email@example.com
- Industrial offcuts
- Commercial overruns
- Some appliances, new and vintage
- DIY materials – tools, fittings etc.
- Building Materials – tiles (a minimum of 4m2 per donation), pavers, de-nailed timber, carpet, vinyl etc.
- Containers: Fibre, plastic and metal drums; glass and metal containers of all types
- Wood & timber – interior/planed, flooring, veneer, spools, frames, plywood etc.
- Rope, cord & twine
- Catering and medical disposables (unused, no sharps)
- Foils and films
- Blank Media – CDs & DVDRs
- Stationery – pad paper, pens, pencils, folders, blank paper etc.
- Novelty & retail goods – excess stock
- Anything unusual and anything suitable for craft!
If you have something interesting you think we may accept, please refer to our Making a Donation page for information regarding drop offs and pick ups.