At Reverse Garbage we would love to say ‘yes’ to all your great efforts in helping us divert valuable materials from landfill, but unfortunately there are some materials we just cannot accept as donations.
As we want to re-inject resources and materials back into our community as quickly as possible, we must keep stock in our warehouse moving. We have little storage space and can only accept items we are sure there will be some immediate/reasonable demand for. In addition, we can strictly only accept materials we know are clean, safe and suitable for reuse.
Of course, we recommend thinking about how you may be able reuse your items in your own home and community.
A few of the things we can’t take:
- Damaged MDF, Fibro, chipboard
- Damaged furniture
- Disassembled furniture
- Computer desks- MDF, Fibro and Chipboard
- Beds and mattresses
- Dirty or unsafe materials
- Used cardboard for recycling
- Household waste
- Most household appliances (exceptions for working sewing machines, typewriters etc.)
- Lever Arch Files
- CRT Televisions & Monitors (these can be recycled through TechCollect, enquiries: 1300 229 837)
- Used computer peripherals such as used ink cartridges, toner etc
- Packing peanuts – though a shipping firm my be interested
- Any broken glass, dishware, ceramics, mirrors etc
- VHS/ DVD and CD cases
Other organisations that may be able to help: