Professional Development for Early Childhood Educators: Sustainability, loose parts and creative reuse (3hrs)
Next workshop – Wednesday, 30 October 2019
Learn about improving sustainability and incorporating creative reuse in your program with this 3-hour professional learning workshop for Early Childhood or OOSH educators.
The workshop will increase your capacity to use reuse materials in innovative, useful and creative ways. We will clarify waste disposal methods for common household items, and explore readily available waste materials to better understand their reuse potential. We will cover construction techniques and loose parts using a variety of materials enabling educators to confidently implement reuse materials in your centres activities.
Depending on the needs of the group we will explore:
- Introduction to reuse materials in educational and play-based contexts
- Reuse materials in the Reverse Garbage Makerspace: tips, tricks and techniques for creative reuse
- Sorting, sourcing and the 3Rs: making the most of what’s available
- Loose parts with reuse materials: theory, risk management and storage ideas
- Warehouse tour and materials sourcing.
$85 per participant (+GST) covers:
- all workshop materials
- certificate of attendance
- expert workshop facilitators
Wednesday, 30 October
Need another date? Get in touch.
Reverse Garbage is the proud host of Re-Play: a professional learning festival about creativity and sustainability, held annually.
With partners including KU Professional Services and the Sydney Playground Project, we run a variety of workshops and seminars that give educators insights and ideas for making learning spaces more mindful, more creative, more sustainable and more fun. Some are endorsed by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) which means they count towards Professional Development hours.
- Re-Play Professional Learning Seminars bring educators up-to-date on the latest thinking around how to embed principles of sustainability into everyday activities, and how to encourage creativity and problem-solving through open-ended play and project-based learning.
- Re-Play Workshops provide hands-on experience with a range of resources and activities, inspiring and upskilling educators of all ages and experience-levels.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe to our Educator Newsletter to hear more about RePlay and other events and services designed to support the good work of our teachers and carers.