Keep your table-tops free of water marks with these nifty coasters.
- Look through an old magazine and select three pages that will give you the patterns or colours you want for your coaster. Carefully tear the pages out of the magazine.
- Fold each one in half vertically and rip along the fold to create two long strips per page.
- Fold each strip in half vertically, then unfold to reveal a centre line down the middle of the strip. Fold in each of the outside edges to meet the centre line. This will give you a long, thin strip with no ripped edges visible. At this point you will have six long, thin strips.
- Fold the strips in half and start weaving, over and under, as shown.
- To finish, tuck in the ends of each strip so they are not visible.
Voila! Ready for a hot cuppa.